Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lions and Tigers and Meter Maids, Oh My!



Last week, we checked out the Prospect Park Zoo for the website, Brooklyn Based.  Temperatures were running high, and we realized that it might be a good time for summer to come to a close.  Check out a review of out time here.  My son is really really really into animals, and we have enough Schleich animal figurines to appease Noah and his ark.  All day long we make animal noises, sort what habitats animals live, and make up animal yoga poses.  I'm looking forward to the day we can study mammals closer with The Burgess Animal Book, which I've had so many people recommend to me.  We tried listening to it (free on LibriVox!) and Lincoln was bored to tears.  But for those with older animal lovers- it's a free resource, in the form of an audiobook, that teaches about all sorts of mammals.  Additionally, there are websites that have accompanying coloring pages, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment